"Advice is like snow -- the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind."
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
TRUTH RADIO'S CHALLENGING QUESTIONS
Maybe these questions will answer themselves in
your mind. However, if you have a problem with these thoughts, let us know.
A little at a time I plan to write a few paragraphs to explain each of these
strange ideas. If you e-mail a request for “more,” I will be encouraged to
work faster. Click on highlighted questions to view my answers. If a question
is not highlighted, drop me an e-mail and I will write one just for you --
then add it to this page.
--Richard Palmquist. E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Should we worship the Word of God or the God of Word?
2. Is the Trinity “three in One” or “One in three” -- and what is the difference?
3. Was water baptism really superseded by baptism in the Spirit, as John 1:33 says?
4. If the Lord died so our sins could be forgiven, why do people continually ask for forgiveness? What should we do instead?
5. Should we turn from sin to God, or to God from sin, and what's the difference?
6. How can we “follow Christ” if He lives in us and we live in Him?
7. What does it mean to live "to the glory of God?"
8. Luther wrote the hymn we call "A Mighty Fortress." In German the title is "Ein Feste Berg." Does the title mean the same in German as in English?
9. Should someone devoted to our Creator-Redeemer pledge allegiance to a flag?
10. Who is today's “Caesar” mentioned in Romans 13?
11. Why do the words of the US Constitution not mean what they say in today's courtrooms?
12. If the church is the Body of Christ, what is the Bride of Christ? If you say the church is the Bride of Christ, explain how that can be true. Can the Body and the (separate) Bride be the same entity? By the way, if the Christian is the temple of the Holy Spirit, why do we call church buildings "The House of God?"
13. What great opportunity do you have when you feel "completely empty?"
14. We love to sing "Amazing Grace." A phrase from that hymn goes, "Twas grace that caused my heart to fear and grace my fear relieved." Is that statement true? Why not?
15. Is it wrong to cheat on my taxes?
16. The Apostle Paul wrote, "Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith." I Timothy 6:20-21. What did he mean by that? What is science "falsely so called?"
17. What is the difference between "eternity past" and "eternity future?"
18. If you believe the Lord wants you to become a leader what skills should you pray for?
19. What happens to the money I send the IRS?
20. Is it possible for a scientist who studies the "Big Bang" to be faithful to the scientific method?
21. A listener in Italy has written us an e-mail. In it, he shows interest in and respect for Truth Radio, but he asks, "What is truth."
22. Do you believe in the Second Coming? Maybe you should think again!
23. When you hear people use the word "Yahweh" do you wonder what it means?
24. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." Is that true?
25. Does the earth really spin at 1,000 miles per hour?